Changes in Address, Name or Party

When Voters Move

When an elector moves from the address named on that person's voter registration record to another address within the same county, the elector must provide notification of such move to the Supervisor of Elections of that county. The elector may provide the supervisor a signed, written notice or may notify the supervisor by telephone or electronic means.




Click here to update your address
Generally, you cannot vote in any precinct other than the one in which you live and are registered. However, if you are temporarily living outside your home county, you can apply to be registered and vote in the precinct that contains the main office of the supervisor of elections. These voters will not be registered to vote in municipal elections.If you move to a new county, you must vote in your new county.


Click here to update your address to/from another Florida county
If you have not already provided change of address information to the Supervisor of Elections prior to the election, you will be required to provide that information before you can vote. You can change your address at any of theSupervisor of Elections Offices, or click on one of the links above to change your address via the Internet. If you have not notified the Supervisor of Elections that you have moved prior to election day, you may go to the polling place for your precinct of legal residence on election day and fill out the required change of address information at the polls. In order to avoid delays at the polling place, you should update your address whenever you move.If you move to another state, you must register to vote in that state.


When Voters Change Their Name

If you change your name by marriage or other legal process, you must provide notice of such change to a voter registration official using a voter registration application signed by the voter. If you have not provided this information prior to going to vote, you will be allowed to update this information prior to voting.

When Voters Want To Change Their Party Affiliation

If you want to change your party affiliation, you must provide the notice of such change to a voter registration official using a signed voter registration application. A party change request cannot be accepted at the polling place on election day. All party changes must be made by the end of the 29th day before the election.


Click here to change your name or party affiliation
TheWashington County Supervisor of Elections office is a public entity subject to Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes concerning public records. E-mail messages are covered under such laws and arethus subject to disclosure. Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.